Information on Westland
- Location Located west of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Population Approx. 100,000
- Main IndustriesGreenhouses, horticulture and vegetable cultivation
- Westland was founded in January 2004 by a merger of the municipalities De Lier, 's-Gravenzande, Monster, Naaldwijk and Wateringen.
- The mayor is elected by the City Council.
- It has a concentration of glass greenhouses. In the Netherlands, glass greenhouse farms are registered as corporations, and a significant number of them cover an area of 6ha or larger.
- There are world-class horticulture exporters that contribute to the economic growth of the Netherlands by exporting flowering plants.
Background Behind Friendship Formation
- During a visit to Korea by the King of the Netherlands in December 2014, an agricultural delegation visited Dangjin to propose exchanges.
- 2015.08.28. A friendship and exchange agreement signed between Dangjin and Westland.
- 2015.08.25. A delegation from Dangjin headed by the Mayor visits Westland (11 representatives).