Information on Snohomish County
- LocationNorthwestern region of the USA (northeast of Seattle)
- Regional characteristicsAccounts for 40% of the population of the State of Washington, has a warm climate, and is considered a very nice place to live
While forestry is the primary industry, it also has an outstanding high-tech sector with well-developed aviation and computer industries as it is home to the headquarters of Boeing and Microsoft.
Background Behind Sister Relationship Formation
- 1989.05.10. Gu Jang-hoe, the then- Governor of Dangjin-gun, and 16 others visit Snohomish to sign a sister relationship agreement.
- 1989.03.10. Willis Tucker, the then-Snohomish County Executive, declares the intent to form a sister relationship with Dangjin, and sends a letter of invitation to the officials of Dangjin
- 1988.10.29. A sister relationship agreement is signed by the chambers of commerce and industry of Dangjin and Seattle in the conference room of Dangjin-gun Office (visited by 6 representatives).
- 1988.08.17. The Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Washington State expresses its wish to hold a sister relationship agreement signing ceremony with the Dangjin Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 1988.02.05. Go Bong-sik, the Chairperson of the Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Washington State, pays a visit to reach an agreement on the sister relationship formation with the Dangjin Chamber of Commerce and Industry, with arrangements made by Kim Hyeon-uk, the then-Chairperson of the National Assembly Foreign Affairs and Unification Committee, and Shin Ho-beom, a Korean-American,
- 2015.08.29. The head of the Economic Development Bureau of Snohomish pays a visit to Dangjin (1 representative).
- 2004.10.26.∼2004.10.27. The members of the Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the USA pay a visit to Dangjin (9 representatives).
- 2004.10.04.∼2004.10.06. A delegation from Dangjin visit Snohomish (3 representatives).
- 2001.03.21. The County Executive of Snohomish County (USA) and others pay a visit to Dangjin (6 representatives).
- 2000.11.27. A delegation from Dangjin visit the US (3 representatives).
- 1996.09.08. A delegation from Dangjin visit the US (21 representatives).
- 1993.05.24 A delegation from Snohomish County visit Dangjin (16 representatives).
- 1991.09.24 A delegation from Dangjin visit the US (19 representatives).
A delegation from Snohomish County visit Dangjin (17 representatives).
A visit for the sister relationship formation between Seoya High School in Dangjin and J/S School in Lakewood (USA).