Information on Daisen City, Akita Prefecture
- LocationSouthern interior of Akita Prefecture
-Omagari Fireworks Festival: 100th anniversary celebrated in 2010
-Tug of War (Kariwano) Festival
A transportation hub serving with an extensive road network and the Akita Shinkansen, and it is considered the center of Senboku, which is one of the eight regions of the Akita Prefecture, with a large number of national and prefectural institutions based in the city.
Background Behind Friendship Formation
- Exchanges were initiated through private exchanges of the Gijisi Juldarigi Preservation Society.
- 2016.01. A youth badminton group from Daisen (14 representatives) visit Dangjin.
- 2015.10. A delegation from Daisen headed by the Deputy Mayor (7 representatives) visit Dangjin.
- 2015.04. A delegation from Daisen headed by the Mayor (8 representatives) visit Dangjin and attend the Gijisi Juldarigi Festival.
- 2014.08. A delegation from Dangjin headed by the Deputy Mayor (6 representatives) visit Daisen and attend the Omagari Fireworks Festival.
- 2014.08. A youth delegation from Dangjin (12 representatives) visit Daisen.
- 2012.06. Dangjin and Daisen engage in exchanges related to badminton.
- 2010.08. Middle school students from Daisen visit Dangjin.
- 2010.04. The Deputy Mayor of Daisen attends the Gijisi Juldarigi Festival.
- 2010.02. A tug-of-war exchange group visits Daisen.
- 2010.08. Middle school students from Daisen visit Dangjin (8 students and 3 officials).
- 2009.08. A group of students from Hoseo Middle School in Dangjin visit Daisen (8 students and 3 officials).
- 2009.05. Dangjin’s badminton team (20 executives and players) visit Daisen.
- 2009.04. Two officials from Daisen visit Dangjin.
- 2008.11. Middle school students from Daisen visit Dangjin (8 students and 3 guides).
- 2008.04. Two officials from Daisen visit Dangjin (prior tour).
- 2007.12. A target school for exchange is selected based on consultation with the Dangjin Office of Education ⇒ Hoseo Middle School
- 2007.11. Daisen City of Japan proposes an exchange program for youth.
- 2007.08.25. The head of both organizations agree on a friendship agreement.