Information on Wangqing, Jilin Province
- LocationNortheastern part of Yanji, the capital of the Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture in Jilin Province, China
- PopulationApprox. 300,000
- It borders North Korea and Russia, and is located near Baekdu Mountain (Changbai Mountain).
- Under the open-door policy, it engages in international trade with some 20 countries around the world including North and South Korea, Japan and Germany.
- Agriculture: Rice, wheat and fruits
- Forestry: Ear mushroom, medicinal herbs, tobacco
- Industry: Light industry, chemical industry, textile, machinery, metallurgy and construction materials, etc.
- Underground resources: Limestone reserve (est. 200 million tons)
Background Behind Friendship Formation
- 2001.06.20. : Kang Gwang-ja, the head of the Women’s Federation of Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, proposes interchanges and invites representatives from Dangjin to Wangqing.
- 2005.09.29.∼2005.10.01. Kang Heon, the Deputy County Executive of Wangqing, and three others visit Dangjin (attend a rice festival).
- 2002.09.26.∼2002.09.28. Lee Chung-mun, the Deputy County Executive of Wangqing, and five others visit Dangjin and sign a friendship and exchange agreement.
- 2002.08.31. Dangjin and Wangqing engage in friendship and exchange.
- 2001.10.18.∼2001.10.21. Kwon Gap-sun, the Deputy County Governor or Dangjin, and five others visit Wangqing to review the feasibility of exchanges.